1. Place the flour and salt into a large bowl of stand mixer and make a well in the middle.
2. Crumble the fresh yeast to the flour, and combine with your hands, until the flour mix
becomes smooth and you can’t feel the yeast lumps anymore.
3. Turn the mixer onto the low speed and start adding water together with the olive oil.
4. Mix for around 5 minutes, until dough becomes smooth and springy.
5. Transfer the dough to an oiled bowl and cover with a clean, damp towel.
6. Leave it to prove in a warm place for an hour, until it doubled the volume.
7. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
8. Put a large saucepan on a medium heat and add 2 tbsp of olive oil.
9. Add onions, minced garlic cloves and Herbs the Provence and cook for 20 -30 minutes, until
the onions will be really soft and amber in colour.
10. Add 3 tbsp spoons of the Geo Watkins Anchovy Sauce to the onion mixture, mix well and
leave it on the side.
11. Line the baking tray with a large piece of the parchment paper.
12. Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface to a large rectangle.
13. Transfer it to previously prepared baking tray and cover for another 20 minutes.
14. When ready, spread the onions evenly over the top of the dough and arrange anchovies into
the diamond shape and place a small black olive at the center of each diamond.
15. Bake for 25 minutes, until the pastry is golden brown.
16. Sprinkle with thyme before serving. Taste the best with a glass of chilled rosé.