• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 1 large, red onion, chopped
• 2 garlic cloves, crushed
• 1 large carrot, thinly sliced
• 500 g minced lamb
• 2 tbsp pine nuts
• 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
• 1/4 tsp ground cumin
• 1 tsp Cayenne pepper
• 3 tbsp Geo Watkins Mushroom Ketchup
• 200 g filo pastry
• 1 tsp butter, melted
• 200 ml natural yoghurt
• 2 tbsp lemon juice
• a tsp olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Put a large saucepan on a medium heat and add 2 tbsp of olive oil.
3. Add the red onion, garlic cloves and carrot and fry for around 7 minutes until soften.
4. When ready, add the minced meat and fry, stirring from time to time, until browned and cooked.
5. Stir in the pine nuts together with all the spices and Geo Watkins Mushroom Ketchup and cook for another 2 minutes to make sure all the ingredients are combined perfectly.
6. Spoon the meat mixture into the pie dish.
7. Cut each filo sheet into 4 long strips and brush them gently with the melted butter.
8. Scrunch the filo pastry strips gently and arrange on the top of the pie, making sure all the gaps are covered.
9. Brush over any remaining butter and bake for around 30 minutes until golden brown.
10. Serve with natural yoghurt mixed with the lemon juice and olive oil.