Can we all agree that cooking freestyle is best? There’s something really freeing about being able to whip up amazing food from a handful of go-to “building block” recipes. I love making this dressing as it’s really easy to “eyeball” it and increase/decrease components to adapt to your personal preferences. Caesar Salad Flatbread With Geo Watkins Anchovy Dressing 2 Once you’ve nailed this dressing you’ve got something you can readily whip up for salads, pastas, Pizzas and more that tastes mind-blowing. The Geo Watkins Anchovy Sauce is such a fierce secret weapon ingredient, it packs a mighty umami punch and will add so much depth to your dressings.
- INGREDIENTS TO GET READY
- 2 TBSP good, thick mayo (I used some sexy saffron and thyme mayo)
- A healthy glug of apple cider vinegar (I got mine from a nearby farmer and it’s
- 10g parmesan grated (+ more for topping)
- A good glug of Geo Watkins Anchovy Sauce
- The Ceasar Salad itself:
- A nice Romaine lettuce, kept cold and crisp and roughly shredded.
- For the Flatbread:
- Top tip: get familiar with the “Baker’s percentage” and you’ll always be able to improvise
- PUT IT TOGETHER
- 2. Add wet ingredients and get your hands in there!
- 3. Knead on a floured surface until dough is tight, springy and smooth
- 4. Cover with a cloth in a bowl until it’s risen to about double the size
- 5. Take the risen dough and hand shape it on a floured surface (500g yields about 4 decent sized flatbreads)
- 6. Get your flatbread into a HOT oven and bake for 10-15 minutes (I used a pizza
- oven in the garden).
- 7. Add your mayo, cider vinegar, 10g of finely grated parmesan and Geo Watkins Anchovy sauce into a bowl and whisk until thick (but still runny).
- 8. Slice your lettuce and set to one side.
- 9. Remove flatbread from oven when golden brown
- 10. Add a glug of olive oil to the freshly baked flatbread and top generously with the lettuce.
- 11. Drizzle oodles of the dressing all over the bread and lettuce.
- 12. Add extra grated parmesan.
- 13. Caesar Salad Flatbread With Geo Watkins Anchovy Dressing 4
- 14. serve and enjoy!