- INGREDIENTS TO GET READY
- 250 g strong white flour
- 10 g salt
- 10 g fresh yeast
- 160 g water
- 25 ml olive oil
- FOR THE TOPPING
- 2 tbsp olive oil, 4 onions, thinly sliced, 2 garlic cloves, minced, 1 tsp Herbes de Provence, 3 tbsp Geo Watkins Anchovy Sauce, pepper, to season, 20 black olives, 12 anchovy fillets, 1 tbs thyme to sprinkle
- PUT IT TOGETHER
- 1. Place the flour and salt into a large bowl of stand mixer and make a well in the middle.
- 2. Crumble the fresh yeast to the flour, and combine with your hands, until the flour mix
- 3. becomes smooth and you can’t feel the yeast lumps anymore.
- 4. Turn the mixer onto the low speed and start adding water together with the olive oil.
- 5. Mix for around 5 minutes, until dough becomes smooth and springy.
- 6. Transfer the dough to an oiled bowl and cover with a clean, damp towel.
- 7. Leave it to prove in a warm place for an hour, until it doubled the volume.
- 8. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- 9. Put a large saucepan on a medium heat and add 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- 10. Add onions, minced garlic cloves and Herbs the Provence and cook for 20 -30 minutes, until the onions will be really soft and amber in colour.
11. Add 3 tbsp spoons of the Geo Watkins Anchovy Sauce to the onion mixture, mix well and leave it on the side.
- 12. Line the baking tray with a large piece of the parchment paper.
- 13. Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface to a large rectangle.
- 14. Transfer it to previously prepared baking tray and cover for another 20 minutes.
- 15. When ready, spread the onions evenly over the top of the dough and arrange anchovies into the diamond shape and place a small black olive at the center of each diamond.
- 16. Bake for 25 minutes, until the pastry is golden brown.
- 17. Sprinkle with thyme before serving. Taste the best with a glass of chilled rosé.