The sophisticated flavours of the umami mushroom ketchup in this quick gnocchi recipe is a great way to create an easy family dinner. This homemade gnocchi dish only takes 15 minutes to make, making it the perfect midweek meal.
- INGREDIENTS TO GET READY
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 Shallots
- 3 cloves of Garlic, crushed
- 500g fresh Gnocchi
- 1 tbsp Geo Watkins Mushroom Ketchup
- 150g tomato purée
- Pinch of chilli flakes
- Handful of Basil
- Salt & Pepper
- PUT IT TOGETHER
- 1. Add the olive oil to a pan on a medium-high heat, add shallots and cook until soft.
- 2. Meanwhile, add the gnocchi into a pot of boiling water and cook as per packet instructions.
- 3. Add garlic and chilli flakes to the pan with the shallots. Before the garlic starts to brown, add the tomato purée and Mushroom Ketchup. Cook until the tomato purée starts to caramelise.
- 4. Begin gradually adding water from the gnocchi pan to your shallot and tomato pan until you have a thick sauce.
- 5. When the gnocchi is al dente (approx 2mins), add it to the other pan and mix together, then season with salt and pepper.
- 6. Serve topped with torn basil leaves.