- INGREDIENTS TO GET READY
- 250 g pork sausage meat
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 springs of fresh thyme
- 2 tbsp Geo Watkins Mushroom Ketchup plus 50 g to serve
- Freshly ground pepper, to season
- 500 g best quality puff pastry
- 1 egg
- Sesame seeds
- PUT IT TOGETHER
- 1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- 2. Place the sausage meat, garlic cloves and spring thyme in a food processor and pulse slightly, until combined.
- 3. Place the mixture into the bowl and add Geo Watkins Mushroom Ketchup together with freshly ground pepper and use a spoon to mix it well.
- 4. Unroll the pastry and arrange the meat mixture along its length.
- 5. Brush the edges with the beaten egg, tightly roll up and seal.
- 6. Brush with more egg, and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- 7. Cut the sausage roll into equal pieces and score with a knife.
- 8. Bake for 20 minutes, until golden and cooked through.
- 9. Serve slightly warm, with Geo Watkins Mushroom Ketchup on the side.