INGREDIENTS TO GET READY
- 200 g / 7 oz brussels sprouts, shredded
- 200 g / 7 oz chestnut puree (1 pack)
- 5 ml / 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 5 ml / 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 4 slices vegan bacon, diced
- 150 g / 5 oz wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 100 g / 3½ oz cashew nuts, broken into pieces
- 45 ml / 3 tablespoons mushroom ketchup
- Freshly ground salt and black pepper
- 75 ml / 2.5 fl oz freshly boiled water
- Vegan butter for greasing dish
- PUT IT TOGETHER
- 1. Preheat the oven to 180℃ Fan/200℃/400℉/Gas 6.
- 2. Place all the ingredients, except the water, into a large bowl and mix together, ensuring all ingredients are distributed evenly.
- 3. Add the water and mix in, season with freshly ground salt and black pepper.
- 4. Grease a 500 g / 1 lb loaf tin and spoon the mixture in. Smooth the top with a spatula, cover with kitchen foil and place in the bottom of the oven and bake for 45 minutes.
- 5. Remove the foil and bake for a further 30 minutes, until the top has formed a crunchy layer and the roast is coming away from the sides of the dish.
- 6. Remove from the oven and leave to rest for 10-15 minutes.
- 7. Turn out of the tin, slice, and serve as part of a roast dinner with vegetables and onion gravy. Leftovers are yummy cold with a salad.