INGREDIENTS TO GET READY
- 80g Walnuts, blended into a flour
- 1 Red Onion, finely chopped
- 200g Chestnut Mushrooms, finely chopped
- 25g Sundried Tomato, chopped
- 2tbsp Geo Watkins Mushroom Ketchup
- 10g Bread Crumbs
- 1tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1tsp Garlic Granules
- 1tsp Dried Sage
- 1tsp Oil
- Vegan Puff Pastry, to roll
- Sesame Seeds, to top
- Soy Milk, to brush
- PUT IT TOGETHER
- 1. Add your walnuts into a food processor until you get a coarse flour.
- 2. Sauté the onion in oil until softened and then add the mushrooms, Geo Watkins Mushroom Ketchup, smoked paprika, dried sage and garlic granules and cook until the liquid has evaporated, and becomes a sticky mass.
- 3. Add your cooked mushrooms and onions to the food processor together with chopped sun-dried tomatoes and blend until it becomes smooth.
- 4. Add it to mixing bowl with the walnut flour and dried bread crumbs and mix together until you get a sticky dough-like mix.
- 5. Form balls with your hands and then roll them out on a wooden board to create sausage shapes.
- 6. Roll out a vegan puff pastry sheet and place the sausage in the left-hand corner. Cut the puff pastry sheet into 4 quarters. Roll the sausage into the sheet and then fold in the ends so it's encased on all sides. Flatten a tiny bit with your hands. Then make small horizontal cuts.
- 7. Brush your rolls with soy milk and sprinkle sesame seeds on top.
- 8. Place on a baking tray lined with a baking paper and bake in the preheated oven at 180C (360F) for 25 min or until the puff pastry has a nice golden glow.